Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Sunday, April 24, 2011

30 Reasons Why I Have the Best Friends

AMAZING.

The amazing, most thoughtful list of 30.

I've recently received the nicest and most thoughtful gift ever from two of my best friends, Daeni and Lynn.

In their honor, here is my list on why they are the best friends around.

  1. Daeni and Lynn have been my best friends since our elementary school days. To this day, we are still the best of friends.
  2. On my birthday they handmade a wonderful card for me and sent it to me, with love.
  3. When I live an ocean apart from family and friends, gifts like these are priceless. 
  4. This wonderful, handmade card included 30 of the nicest things anyone has ever told me.
  5. Plus, a select handful were the most funniest things too. And we shared them together. 
  6. Everytime I'm home for a visit we always make it a point to have dinner together. And we all cook and share dinner together. And it's really fun, a highlight of my trip, and makes time at home so special. 
  7. Lynn and Daeni are talented, beautiful, fun, funny, warm-hearted, kind, caring, generous, giving, and loving. I'm honored to be their friend.
  8. They got together one Friday evening with making this card in mind. They had a lot of fun making the card and recalling memories and wonderful things for the kindness list. Friends who get together to celebrate friends - a powerful combination purely driven by love.
  9. When we were little, we were Dandy Bears.
  10. They have nearly 1-year-old (!) baby girls who SHARE a BIRTHDAY. They were hospital roomies (babies and mommies). And, I got to visit them on this special day. Now that's a once in a lifetime experience.
  11. They have equally wonderful husbands who are supportive of our girl-friendship!
  12.  We were in band for a lot of years together and proud of it! Lynn and I sat next to one another playing the oboe for years. Daen and I tried to play our instruments 10 years after our band days. Needless to say, we lost our magical musical touch but not our enthusiasm! 
  13. After sleepovers with these girls, I'd secretly cry a little in my bedroom because it was so much fun and I was so sad sleepovers didn't last forever.
  14. Daeni and Lynn are in service oriented professions. Daen is a nurse and Lynn a high school science teacher. I couldn't be prouder. They are giving women who impact lives on a daily basis.
  15. For some of the most difficult times of my life, Daeni and Lynn were always there for me. They are included in the few that were not only by my side but were those that I felt comfortable to share with.
  16. In life's toughest times, we're there for each other.
  17. They're extraordinary.
  18. Whenever we have in-person time together, you'd never be able to tell that we're ever apart.
  19. We laugh. A lot.
  20. They encourage me. They challenge me. They shape me into my best self.
  21. We share a very funny symbolic chair. When I think back to that chair I can't even believe us but I do think it's one of the funniest things we've ever shared.
  22. I love their hugs!
  23. I consider myself the luckiest girl for having such wonderful friends. I'm sure that if everyone had friends like Daeni and Lynn, every person on this planet will lead fulfilling lives and will know they are loved.
  24. We took summer sewing lessons together. Yup, sewing lessons. They helped ease my daily sewing lesson anxiety and understood my developing allergies to it.
  25. They have the highest morals and values. I respect who they are and the way they choose to live their life everyday.
  26. Lynn and Daeni teach me new things all the time. Stand up paddling, a new recipe, they show me a lot of new things!
  27. They love me so much they even sometimes strategize to help me find a boyfriend! ;-)
  28. We share a ton of memories. We will always have them together.
  29. Their parents were my parents, their family - my family.
  30. Lynn and Daeni are forever.
They sent me the document so it could be shared with readers of 365. Thank you, dear friends, for this incredible gift.
  1. She cares about everyone else... often forgetting about herself.
  2. She looks for the good in everyone & everything.
  3. She is an awesome athlete. She walked on to Pepperdine's soccer team... and made it! she also ran a marathon.
  4. She gets so excited for things that are great.
  5. She loves what she does & does it with such passion, motivation & drive; therefore always does a great bjo.
  6. She has helped, inspired & loved many deserving kids out in this world.
  7. She is always such a positive person
  8. She doesn't care if she were the poorest person alive as long as she was the happiest at what she was doing.
  9. She remembers the little details and memories that most often forget
  10. She is always in a great mood, I don't think this girl has PMS
  11. She's a great aunty!
  12. She still goes by Ape, now Aunty Ape.
  13. She's so smart and knowledgeable
  14. She is dedicated and a hard worker that just cannot be taught these days.
  15. She is so well loved and has so much love to give
  16. When she smiles it makes her nose crinkle
  17. When i played tennis she was the only one that knew how to braid my hair "Chinese" as we would call it.
  18. She has the most random ideas but they turn out good... sometimes ex: road trip around America, outdoor shower in Kula, yogurt facials.
  19. She secretly loves Garrett and sent him love letters in college.
  20. Is the best Dandy Bears President we ever had.
  21. Reserved for best friends.
  22. She could rollerblade for hours up and down the hill!
  23. She loves the color purple, even had a purple carpet!
  24. She loves to drink milk with ice
  25. She was a Science Bowl nerd for 4 years!
  26. Claims she can't cook/bake but was in 4-H and part of demonstration day for years! (dirt cups...?)
  27. She's great for your self-esteem. She always makes you feel like the best person in the world.
  28. She is always willing to try new things.
  29. She came home especially to meet our little birthday girls last April
  30. She's the definition of a true friend.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lynn and Daeni.I laughed so hard I cried. Dandy Bears forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Can't wait to see you in a week!

    ReplyDelete