Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dream Center

Tonight I was introduced to the Dream Center.

As I was walking back to my car after a run along the beach, I was drawn to a long line of people - and a table with 4 individuals passing out food.

I circled the area because I was so interested. Who is this? How often do they come out? I had to know.

I stayed close by to observe for a minute... one volunteer served soup into bowls and 2 other individuals delivered the bowls to those waiting in the line. Time after time they returned for 2 more bowls of soup to share. One man offered those around him, "Want some hot chocolate?" he asked.

I, along with at least a hundred other individuals, came upon the Dream Center Food Truck outreach tonight. Lucky for us all.  

Every Wednesday night, 8 pm at the Santa Monica Pier. Staffed by volunteers who come out week after week to serve food to those who will partake.

The best part, as I continued on my way to my car, I hear one man telling another, "Hey Danny, they got food over there..."

No comments:

Post a Comment