Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Thursday, July 14, 2011

Beard Papas


Sometimes when I go home, my aunty and uncle bring Beard Papas to my grandparents house as a sweet dessert treat for all of us.

"It's the best cream puff," they say. Originated in Japan.

Recently, I found that there's a Beard Papas right in my neck of the woods. Sometimes when I shop at the Japanese market next door I stop in to Beard Papas to treat myself. 

Last night. That's exactly what I needed.

They were about to close and I slipped into the door right before they shut down for the night. "Are you still open? Do you have any left?" I asked.

The kind Beard Papa-rian told me there were a couple left - one chocolate cream puff and one doughnut vanilla puff. 

I was in a chocolate mood.

But I still ask, "which one do you recommend?" 

"I like the vanilla," the Beard Papa-rian responded.

Wrong answer. 

I think the Beard Papa-rian could tell that I was in a chocolate mood. Beard Papa-rian looked up, took a side look at the boss man, then looked at me and said, "I'll give you both."

"That'll be $1.99," he said out loud.

"Thank you." I responded real loud. 

Now that's exactly what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment