Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Make a friend on the lift


Today I met a friend on the lift.

Family members had decided to go in for lunch and I had one more pre-lunch run in me. I stood in line for the lift and because the lines were so short, I imagined I would just ride up by myself. Then a kind, "May I join you?" came by my side.

As we rode to the top, Margaret introduced herself, asked where I was from, how often I ski, and if I was having a good day. Very kind. I always find that when out skiing people generally are very friendly - who has reason not to be when you're surrounded by snow-covered mountains participating in an activity you love?

What I especially enjoyed about Margaret was that she was just that as I would expect on the ski lift - kind, friendly, open to the quick get-to-know-you on the lift. She is a Utah transplant - moved here 20 years ago from CT, she said, because she and her husband wanted to be in a place where the snow was outside of the city. And when asked about how often she gets out to ski, she said, "I come out 3-4 days a week. When you grow up old enough, you get to do that." 

What's not to love about this new friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment