Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sears Auto Center


Stella (my car) has gotten a lot of love lately. In the past month she's decided that she needed a new windshield, a new battery, an oil change, and then decided that her left headlight was tired out. So it died.

I try not to pull the "I'm a girl" card ever but when it comes to changing a headlight, I just didn't know how to do it. I youtube-d how to do it, with hopes that I could change Stella's light on my own, but alas, the mentioned taking out the battery, unscrewing the entire top layer of something, was enough to tell me that I couldn't do it on my own.

So, to Sears Auto Center I went. Not that they change headlights but at least I could ask and if they couldn't do it then they'd point me in the right direction of someone who could. And I trust them.

My rationale for hoping they would help me? Changing my light meant that they'd have to remove the battery... the battery they put in. That was connection enough for me.

So I drove up to the Sears Auto Center Express Battery Service and thankfully saw the man that helped me just a couple of weeks ago replacing Stella's battery. He asked how he could help and I said, "I came here a couple of weeks ago to get a new car battery and since then my driver side headlight has gone out. I have the light but the battery has to be removed in order to replace it. Might you be able to help me?"

"I remember you," he responded, "where's your car?" 

Yes! He's going to help me and Stella! 

And, a few minutes later, battery removed and put back in, Stella had a new light.

I asked him there was a charge. "No, don't worry about it," he said.

I left him with the only offering I had in my car at the time... a bag of chocolate covered macadamia nut candies, as every island girl carries in their car for occasions such as these(not really, but it seemed fitting).

He said it was okay, I didn't need to give him anything, but I insisted that he take it and share with his team. It was the least I could give for him helping keep me and Stella safe.

Thanks to the kind folk at Sears Auto Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment