Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Friday, March 18, 2011

Three for One - Service Highlight!

By Kimmy Lamborn, 365 Days of Service, Cassia Chapter

Three amazingly wonderful acts of custom service happened in my life last week.  Ready? 






1.      Long story s
hort, my mom ordered me a pair of shoes that were too small.  I wanted to return them without a hassel.  I called the toll free number and spoke to Ashley.  She totally took care of me. She insturced me on how to ship them back.  She priotiy mailed the shoes so I could have them right away, they were a birthday present.  Mostly, she made a task that felt like a hassel a shearly pleasant experience.  Then,  a few days after I received the shoes I got a hand written thank you note from her.  It reads” I just wanted to send you a short note to tell you what a pleasure it was assisting you with your exchnage order today.  I hope that the size 8.5 in the Toms Glitter Slip-ons work out better than the size 8 did.  I hope you have a great week.  Best Wishes, Your friend at Nordstroms.com.  Ashely B. “  WHAT?  A hand written thank you note?  Thank you Nordstroms.  Amazing!  




2.       I love the mail.  Really, I have a problem.  I love sending mail, receiving mail and simply just visiting the post office.  When I mail something I like the stamp to correspond with the contents of the envelope, etc.  I have been eyeing these new forvever stamps:  I was told they would be released in March, no specific date given.  So, whenever I pass the post office, I stop enquiring about the stamps.  On Tuesday, I stopped and asked about the stamps and I was told this. “I don’t know but, if you leave me your phone number, I can call you and tell you.”  WHAT?!!  She had no idea I had been to several other post offices looking for these stamps.  She just made my day.  Literally, 47 minutes later, Terry called to let me know March 25th was the day.  Talk about some kindness.
  
This image is a larger version of the Neon Celebrate! (Forever) product.

3.   I have a favorite clothes store, New York & Company.  I love their clothes for many reasons.  Some include, good quality, not too trendy, easy to launder, and I can always find something on sale.  Recently, the store in my local mall closed.  I stood at the entrance and shed a tear.  (This is very uncharastic of me.)  The next closest store is a good 40 minutes away.  So I trecked to the store farther away.  Since I knew it would be hard to get back to, I made a decent sized purchase that affored me several substancial coupons to use on my “next visit”.  Here’s the thing:  I forget about those coupons.  The ones that say use between such and such dates, yeah, I forget.  On Tuesday I got a call from an actual person reminding me to come in and use my coupons.  WHAT?!  You, a real person, called me to remind me!  I know some of you are thinking, Kimmy, they just want your money.  I know, I know, but come on, a real person called me to remind me.  And so, tonight, I shop again but this time, for my sister. 

1 comment:

  1. Kimmy, I love this guest post! I really appreciate when people go out of their way to give you great customer service. Sometimes I even email their company to tell them so. It's a weird habit, but I can't resist. When someone is extra nice it makes your day!

    ReplyDelete