Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Monday, March 28, 2011

Marukai Opens in West LA!




Look who came to town! Marukai!

Marukai Market sells Japanese food, health and household items, and ceramics. If you're a LA transplant from Hawai'i, Marukai sells pieces of home.

Yes, I was shocked when I saw a sign for their new store location and when shopping I was in pure heaven. Not only did everyone look like me, but there were food products that I grew up eating - whether Japanese or Hawaiian island flavors.

Thank you, Marukai, for serving the people of West Los Angeles!

My favorite aisle sign ever: Hawaiian delicacies and "American Food"

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, best aisle sign ever. I still laugh to myself everytime I visit the 'ethnic food' aisle at my favorite grocery store.

    ReplyDelete