Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Portland Ukulele Association

On a recent trip to Portland, Oregon, I was introduced to PUA, the Portland Ukulele Association.

Growing up in HI, I've always had an appreciation for the beautiful sounds of the ukulele and I've been wanting to learn. It is my goal over the fall to take lessons and start to play. And now I wish I had a PUA in my own backyard.

The Portland Ukulele Association is a collection of individuals who gather monthly to play the ukulele. All levels are welcome - beginners to advanced players - to join in a monthly 2-hour jam session held at a local church.

The best part of PUA? Everyone gets to play. Sometimes picking up a new hobby, interest, instrument can be challenging but PUA makes it inviting to everyone. Beginner lessons are available at the start of PUA, loaner ukuleles are too.

If you live in Portland, I highly recommend you check PUA out!

No comments:

Post a Comment