Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Thursday, February 24, 2011

Give a penny

$6.02. Have you ever been in a check out line when your total comes out to some dollar amount requiring 2 cents? Or maybe the total is $6.51 and all you want is a penny to get two quarters (laundry machine and parking meter gold) instead of 4 pennies, 2 dimes, and a quarter?

Give a penny, take a penny to your rescue!

Tonight I went into the store and when my total came out to $6.02, I started to search my pockets hoping for pennies (nickels, dimes, anything!) when my cashier said, "I got it." Thank goodess, 98 cents not coming my way!

Give a penny, take a penny. Thanks to those who've given from which I've received. Next time I'll use my pennies to repay you!

No comments:

Post a Comment