Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Offer Directions

This afternoon in the parking lot I found myself behind two women. One young adult and another more-life-experienced woman.

As they were walking down the stairs out of the parking lot, the older woman asked, "which way to Wilshire?" The younger woman responded, "Just this way, one block. You'll cross Arizona and the next street is Wilshire." The older woman responded, "Thank you. I'm looking for the Apple Store." Then the younger woman chimed in, "Oh, the Apple Store. In that case, turn on Arizona, then you'll turn right onto the Third Street Promenade. The Apple Store will be a couple of stores down on your left." The other woman thanked her again, "Thanks, I always get turned around here." "No problem," the younger one responded, "I work right here and from my office window I always get mixed up! It took me a year to figure out. I'm going that way, I'll walk with you."

As they continued on their way, the older woman showed the younger one her iPhone. "A friend just put me on her family plan. I've had this iPhone for about a week and I've already done something to it. Everytime I try to press the call button it opens my email instead."

I parted ways with them there (although I was never "in" their conversation/on the same path) and found myself encouraged by a woman who asked for help and a another woman who not only provided this stranger directions, but offered to walk her there and engage in conversation along the way. Thanks to friendly people out there who willingly offer help!

No comments:

Post a Comment