Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Friday, February 18, 2011

A Small Act of Parking Kindness

By Daeni Ito, 365 Days of Service, Kula Chapter

Something as small as this can make someone's day. My daily goal even before this happened is to try to do atleast one good deed per day out on the road. Yesterday, someone did one for me! Our parking garage at work requires a parking pass to wand and the gate will let you in. I had to switch cars with my husband yesterday, so I threw my parking pass in my purse in a hurry that morning. When I arrived to the parking gate, I couldn't find my pass in the black hole on the bottom of my purse. A car arrived and waited in back of me for a little while. The woman got out of her truck and used her pass to wand me in. She told me, "I hope you find it." Just something as simple as that helped me start my day off right. Thanks to the lady in the black truck yesterday, you made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment