Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Friday, February 4, 2011

TGIF - Joke of the Day

A few years ago I interned in a hospital for a few months. During this time I met some really wonderful, wonderfully giving employees. Every day I'd join a group for lunch and we'd sit and enjoy the hour break together. And even though I was "just the intern" they welcomed me into the group and even taught me how to improve my sudoku skills. Child Life, Social Workers, Hospital Chaplain... really a great group to be surrounded by.


One colleague, a man named Jeff, was particularly funny. A very specific humor he has and brought this every single day. Rain or shine, he was still going to be funny. During my time at the hospital he told me about how he was CEO of a group, a group he made up himself that he is the only member and every Friday this group (i.e., him) sends out a TGIF email with the joke of the week. Even though I knew I'd only be at this hospital for a season, signing up for these jokes would keep me connected.


Now, 5 years later, I still receive these TGIF emails every Friday without fail. Although years and distance separates us, I smile with every one and even get a laugh every once and a while from the jokes themselves.


Here's a sampling for you to enjoy. Happy TGIF!

What do you call a snowman with a suntan?
Answer:  A puddle.

What type of food can’t tortoises eat?  
Answer: Fast Food. 

Why do dragons sleep during the day?
Answer:  So they can fight Knights.  

What is a vampire’s favorite coffee?
Answer:   De-coffin-ated!!!

What kind of computer did the fruit buy?
Answer:  An Apple computer!!!!!!!!

Why do skeletons play the piano?
Answer:   Because they don’t have any organs!

Ok, this joke is a little dated. 
Which months have 28 days?
Answer:   All of them

What do you get if you deep fry Santa Claus? 
Answer:  Crisp Cringle.   

When Arnold Schwartznegger was a child, he was in a play where they portrayed different classical composers.  His teacher said, “there’s Beethoven, Mozart, Mendel, so many different composers.  Who would you like to be?”  Arnold said…. “I’ll be Bach.”  

1 comment:

  1. Had me giggling. Appreciated the humor at 7:30 on a Friday night!

    ReplyDelete