Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Halloween - February Style!


Today I received a card in the mail. A Happy Halloween card!

Do you know what today is? February 17th. Do you know when Halloween is? October 31st!

Yes, today I received a card wishing me a "happy halloween" and I couldn't be happier! It's from my dear friend, Corinne. In true Corinne fashion, this halloween card featured a cat and a lot of black, two of Corinne's dearest loves in life.

And on the inside, she embraced this timely greeting! Nevermind that Halloween was 4 months ago, Corinne still took the time to write me this card and drop it in the mail. She says, "I found this in my winter cleaning and figured you might still find it funny, and it might be a perfect Valentines/St. Patricks Day Card!" Be not bothered by the delay of Halloween wishes rather embrace that this card was found and celebrate!

And celebrate I will. Corinne says I can anticipate my April brithday card around next Thanksgiving and I wouldn't want it any other way. Happiness is experienced by opening a piece of mail to have it be complete surprise. It's never too late. Wish that friend a perfectly belated happy birthday, send the new year wishes that got lost in the busy winter season, wish someone a happy halloween in the middle of February. 

Thanks, Corinne. Happy Halloween to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment