Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Top 5

Anyone up for a challenge?
One of the most rewarding homework assignments I've ever been given in my life was a challenge to email someone I knew and ask them to share what they would see as my "Top 5" qualities. It seems a little self-centered but honestly through these emails (yes, I emailed more than 1 person! Why not take advantage of this opportunity? Plus, I was an overachiever in school ;-) I was incredibly uplifted, encouraged, and loved. 

Descriptors that I would not have chosen for myself, I learned, we're some of the most outstanding qualities someone else saw in me. And after reading it, I believed it!

A homework assignment doesn't have to be the motivation for sending out such an email. There is no reason to hold back, nothing to be ashamed of! In return you could send a response with a reciprocal Top 5 and encouragment could go in every direction.

If you don't want to ask about yourself, consider sending a Top 5 email to someone you know telling them of 5 of their most outstanding qualities that you appreciate. Or email me, please, I'll send you my Top 5 for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment