Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Monday, December 13, 2010

Doing Good On His Own

By Clyde Uyehara, 365 Days of Service, Pukalani Chapter

I took Kalyssa to the Humane Society yesterday because she gets all excited to see the dogs, cats in the cat house's and the turtle, she also enjoyed the chickens! Anyway we always end up with the cats, I will send you a video of her yesterday... but anyway as we were leaving there is an elderly gentlemen who volunteers every Wednesday  for about 4-5 hours and is always with the cats. As we were leaving he said Kalyssa could take a toy from one of the two large plastic boxes and to take anyone that she wanted....he also mentioned that there had been other kids but did not take one Kalyssa was the first, so we took one that was a pussy cat.... I thought wow it was one with those TY red tags like the kind that is on the ones that the kids used to collect (Beanie Babies).... as we walked out I thought I should make a donation, so we walked o the office and I gave the two girls that were there a twenty, they did not know what I was talking about.... so evidently he is doing this on his own.... there must have been over a hundred little toys in the two boxes whick would add up to be quite a lot of money, I forgot to mention that as we drove in the Humane Society I saw him crossing the parking lot so I saw his car.... it was an old Toyota that was a little dirty and well used... so he cannot be a rich guy from Kihei or Wailea....

No comments:

Post a Comment