Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Monday, December 6, 2010

Helping a Neighborhood Pet Find Its Way Home

By Dr. Brad Wong, 365 Days of Service, Makawao Chapter

I have one for you.  My father on the day before Thanksgiving found a frighten Malteze dog in his yard.  He knew that 4 of our neighbors had malteze so he went door to door to see if they lost their dog but no one claimed to have lost the dog.  My father then call the humane society and was told a woman called a few minutes ago regarding a lost malteze in his neighborhood.  The woman called my father and she lived a street above my father.  My father took the dog to the house and the woman just complained about her irresponsible children who lost the dog while walking him.  My father felt good that he could return the dog to the rightful owner but a little unapprehiated that the woman never thank him for returning the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment