Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy 25th Anniversary, Excel!

Today's recognition goes to two people: my good friend Lisa and Mr. Douglas Klunder.

First, I was thrilled to check my email tonight to have received an email from Lisa with a link to an article celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Microsoft Excel. A very quick email to send but one that brought me great joy! I'm very appreciative of those who see something, think of someone, then take the time to share it with them. In a fast-paced world, it's very easy to overlook these moments. Thanks for making the time, Lisa!

Now, Mr. Douglas Klunder. Do you know him? Well blog readers, please meet Mr. Douglas Klunder. Mr. Klunder, please meet the readers of 365. (I only became acquainted with him tonight but we've shared a strong connection for much longer!) Mr. Klunder gifted us all with Microsoft Excel, what The Daily Beast suggests is "the most revolutionary software program ever."

I would agree. I'm a huge fan of Excel and I'm just an addict at the most basic level. This program has the power to make everything look so nice, to sort, to create charts & graphs, to add/subtract/multiply/divide (as to have functions), to color code, to organize, to have separate worksheets in one workbook, to let you mail merge, to freeze panes, and to bring much happiness to one's life. You might remember that I'm a member of a very prestigious group called "Lovers of Checklists and Spreadsheets" (LOCAS for short) and I've been known to make homemade pies for co-workers in exchange of 3 tricks in Excel. 365 salutes Mr. Klunder and recognizes the great achievement celebrated in this Silver Anniversary!

Does everyone love Microsoft Excel as much as I do? I hope so.

Happy 25th, Excel!

No comments:

Post a Comment