Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Simple Request: Good Thoughts

By Paige Ryland, 365 Days of Service, Southeast Region

My email box is inundated with requests for support-monetary and otherwise-by my friends’ and families’ various undertakings. I am always happy to help in any way I can and enjoy that with our ever-growing digital world we are all able to seek that help from an easily accessible network. I was recently visiting with a friend whose health is on the decline and wanted to be of some help so decided to enlist the help of my good friend, email. I emailed lots of other friends and family members with a simple request: good thoughts. I told people that prayer, meditation, and song or anything of their choosing would all be acceptable. It just needed to be positive. The response has already been overwhelming. People are sending their love and support to someone they don’t even know in the form of positive thinking. It’s because of kindness like this that I strive to serve others with more kindness everyday. Even though it is easy to forget, people are good, people are kind and people deserve good kindness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment