Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bless You!

As simple (and maybe slightly strange) as this may sound, I've been keenly aware to strangers saying, "Bless you" after sneezes!

Two days ago, the person sitting in the row behind me on the airplane. I sneeze and from the seat behind me I hear a quiet, "bless you."

Yesterday, at a beach. Sitting on my beach blanket, sneeze, and another "bless you" from the person next to me - about 10 feet away!

Today, the store. In the market, a woman sneezes. The person walks by and offers a considerate "bless you" to her.

It was probably the airplane person that tipped me off on this "Bless you" phenomenon. I just didn't expect it from the row behind me. The person next to me, maybe, but the person behind me - hardly. I realize that people say bless you all the time but maybe it's more than all the time! I'm used to hearing it from people I know, but receiving it from strangers all the time or seeing strangers offering it to one another, now that isn't something I've paid enough attention to!

Even if just in response to a little sneeze, it's nice to know that so many are so considerate of one another - offer plenty of blessings along the way!

1 comment:

  1. I said Bless you to Michelle Obama! It was when he was just a little ol' candidate visiting Pearl Harbor. She was leading the huge group that they were traveling and avoiding the swarm of people around her husband. she sneezed and I said Bless you! and then she said thank you! and ashed how I was! and told me to have a good day! I was so stoked. I talked to Michelle Obama. I was coooool. :-)

    ReplyDelete