Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fresh Baked Bread

Wow. This piping-hot, fresh-baked wheat bread couldn't have arrived at my doorstep at a better time.

It's been a long few days at work, today happens to be the coldest day in Lake Hughes history (by my books at least). The wind is blowing, it is freezing, and it's May! Nearly June! 

Then, just when I sit down for dessert after not really having eaten a proper dinner, I get a knock at my door. My good neighbor, Gina, who says, "I wasn't sure who would be home but I made wheat bread! It's perfect because it makes 2 loaves so I have one to share!" 

Yes, happiness and warmth landed in my fingertips via a fresh-baked, homemade loaf of wheat bread. Ahhhh... just when I thought I might have to "find" something to blog about... the world proves me wrong again. Wow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment