Celebrating Service!

365 Days of Service highlighted an act of service for every day of a full year!

365 encourages individuals to continue share an act of kindness observed, highlight an organization that's serving others, or recognize an individual that's doing good. Inspire good, share greatness, make a diffference - one day of service at a time. Submit your post to





Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's day!

Mom (front) and Wendell skiing!
This is how cool my mother is!

In a day that honors mothers, it is only fitting for 365 Days of Service to pay tribute to one of the best moms out there, Jan Sakuma!

I'm lucky that my mother happens to be one of my best friends. We share everything together - good, bad, ugly, and beautiful. She loves me unconditionally!

She doesn't know this but when applying for a job one of the questions was "Name a person, real of fictional, who inspires you. Please explain." Here's my response:

"My mom because she loves me unconditionally. What inspires me most about my mom is the way she makes me feel. I can call her when I'm happy, sad, excited, disappointed, grumpy, or overly optimistic and she will always be consistent in her love. Probably one of the things I love best about her is that sometimes I think up crazy dreams for myself to accomplish - and she believes I can achieve them. It is from her unending love and support that I feel I can go out and accomplish my dreams. And, what inspires me most is her model allows me to offer this same support to people in my life. She makes me believe that if every child had so much love and support to believe in their dreams, they can and will become their best - and that is what they deserve."
Thanks, Momma for truly being the best! I love you!

365 Days of Service salutes every Mother out there - my sister who is a wonderful mother, my friends who are wonderful mothers, all the grandmothers of this world... Mom's really do make the world go 'round!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift. This is my warm, fuzzy moment of the day! Claire

    ReplyDelete